We specialise in Adapting and Extending Care Homes with solutions tailored to your requirements
Effective utilisation of ‘space’ provides you as the Care Home owner with the best opportunity to obtain the greatest return on your Care Home investment. Whether you are planning to buy a property to convert, or you already own a Care Home, take advantage of our review service. There is no cost for our initial assessment or subsequent meetings to discuss the opportunities we see to increase bedroom space.
Creating more bed spaces increases operational effectiveness and return on investment. To facilitate this we have everything you need under one roof, so from concept to completion, you will deal with AGA staff who are experienced, conscientious and committed to delivering excellent customer service.
What we do:
- Review existing layout, including utilities provision (no cost)
- Discuss options for increasing bed spaces (no cost)
- Liaise with your Architects during planning process (no cost)
- Complete project implementation using AGA Staff
- All work is guaranteed for 12 months
What we look to achieve:
- Increase number of bed spaces
- Deliver a cost effective solutions on time and within budget
- Implement project plans that minimise disruption to daily operation
- Build a lasting relationship with you the Care Home owner
- Enhance Care Home appeal to potential new residents
What we do:
AGE UK recently released their latest “Later in Life Report” in which they refer to the increasing aging population and the inability of Government based services to cope. “Years of under investment in the provision of Care for the Elderly is increasing the pressure on Private Sector Care Homes to provide more complex Care facilities”
What the future holds:
A recent report from AGE UK stated:
- There has now been a £160 million cut in total public spending in real terms on older people’s social care in the five years to 2015/16
- The proportion of people who provide unpaid care for family and friends has been tracking upwards to 17.8 per cent in 2015.
- In 2015/16 48 councils reported dealing with at least one home care provider who had ceased trading; 59 councils reported at least one provider‘handing back’ a contract
'You run a busy care Home or Group of Care Homes, you have a to do list that never ends and even though you know you could do with more space there isn’t time in the day to give it a moment’s thought.' Here at AGA we spend all day, every day investigating how we can help a Care Home owner like you make best use of their space to maximize the number of bedrooms available and minimize ‘dead’ space.
Turning dead space into bed space - Step One:
Once we have discussed your initial thoughts over a coffee we will wander around, making notes, taking a few measurements and pondering the possibilities. We use this time to develop some initial ideas and check the essentials like the type of heating system you have in place, what the electricity and draining provision are currently and whether there is space to extend up or out.
From ideas to initiation - Step Two:
From our notes and the time spent in your Care Home we will create a brief report detailing our ideas – this report forms the basis for our discussions and should you wish to proceed the foundation for discussions with your Architect or Designer.
Once ideas have been solidified in to a project your Architect will seek the Planning Permission and Building Regulations approval. We will be unhand to answer questions and discuss details with the authorities should this be necessary.
Implementation - Step Three:
From start to finish of your project you will be talking to AGA staff, we allocate one senior member of the team to be your contact point and they will be the person responsible for overseeing the implementation to completion phase of your project. They will be clear on the objectives you have for the project and sensitive to the daily operation of your Care Home.
Why use AGA?
- We’ve got the time and resource to devote to your investment project
- We have the skills, knowledge & experience to deliver your project on time & within budget
- We take C.A.R.E seriously. Care, Attitude, Respect & Effectiveness
- We understand this is your livelihood and your Residents Home